Blog Detail View

Aashray Kansara

Aashray Kansara

How to bring your partner and kids to Canada

Canada_Immigration    Jun 14 2022

Canadian citizens and permanent residents can sponsor their immediate family members for immigration to Canada. Migrate Zone provides immigration services that will enable our clients to easily move to Canada. You must fulfil specific qualifying requirements as the sponsor. As an example, you need to be at least 18 years old, have Canadian citizenship, permanent residency, or Indian status (under the Indian Act), be able to support your family financially, and not be on social assistance.

There are a few additional particular requirements. Suppose you are a Canadian citizen asking to sponsor a family member from another country. In such a situation, you must demonstrate that you intend to return when Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) rules on your application. The spouses of permanent residents must be sponsored from within Canada. Other conditions may render you ineligible for sponsorship, such as not having your bankruptcy dismissed.

Why do I need to sponsor my family?

Your family can immigrate to Canada if you sponsor them. Canada recognises three sorts of partners for sponsoring under this programme: spouses, common-law partners, and conjugal partners. You can also sponsor your financially reliant children.

For spouses to marry their sponsor, an in-person ceremony is necessary. Virtual marriages are not accepted for immigration purposes. Common-law partners must demonstrate that they have been living together for at least a year. Conjugal partners are those who have been married for at least a year and live outside of Canada. They must show that they were unable to marry or live together because of legal or societal obstacles. A conjugal spouse who lives in Canada is not eligible for sponsorship.

What are the conditions for your partner to gain entry?

Your companion has to be at least 18 years old in all circumstances. IRCC will conduct medical and background security checks to ensure your spouse is eligible. Criminally convicted individuals are frequently denied entry to Canada.

The assigned immigration officer will also demand proof that you and your spouse are in an actual relationship. They prefer to allow those who are travelling to Canada to be reunited with their families rather than those who are marrying with the intent of moving to Canada.

What are the conditions for Dependent Children?

Children under the age of 22 who do not have a spouse or common-law partner are considered dependents. They may be considered dependants if they are 22 years old or older, unable to support themselves financially owing to a mental or physical condition, and have relied on their parents for financial assistance since before they were 22.

Your child may still be considered dependent if they reach 22 while your application is being processed. They must, however, continue to adhere to all other previously stated norms until the application is processed by the IRCC. You could either sponsor your own child or sponsor the child of your spouse. Your child might already be a Canadian citizen despite not having been born in the country. Your foreign-born child may require a Proof of Citizenship application.

If your child is not qualified as a citizen and you want to sponsor them without having to support your partner, you can identify your child as the principal candidate in the application. You must demonstrate that your child's other parent or legal guardian agrees to his or her child's immigration to Canada.

Are there any other points to keep in mind?

If you have sponsored your spouse and a dependent kid, your spouse will be the primary applicant, and your child will be the dependent. Your grandchild, ie: if a dependent child also has a dependent child, can be added to the application. Supporting adopted children and orphaned relatives differs from sponsoring your own or your partner's child.

Read on to learn more about the procedure for dependent children, spouses, and common-law partners seeking immigration. Both your sponsorship application and your family's permanent residency application are required to sponsor your spouse or partner, or child. Both applications ie: sponsorship and permanent residency must be submitted at the same time. There is a distinct sponsorship process if you live in Quebec.

The application package must be obtained first. In the entire handbook, the government gives specific and up-to-date information and instructions on how to fill out forms. Their resident status will determine foreign nationals' documentation, the country they are applying from, and maybe even their travel history.

Is there any documentation listing what I need to do?

IRCC also provides a documentation checklist, which lists the forms and instructions you'll need for your application. As this list is subject to change, so double-check everything before submitting it. Again, various nations' form needs will vary. When IRCC receives your completed application, the processing procedure begins. Typically, spousal sponsorship applications get processed in 12 months by the IRCC. However, this might vary. Applications for children differ per nation.

What else is required?

IRCC demands biometrics and a medical test from overseas candidates during the processing time. Your documentation must be submitted within 30 days. At any time, the IRCC may request further information or a face-to-face interview.

You can follow and amend its status online until the IRCC decides on your application. The IRCC will provide you guidance on how to complete the last stages necessary for your overseas spouse or common-law partner to become a permanent resident.

Are you thinking about immigrating? We provide services to move to Canada, Australia, and other top immigration destinations. If you are looking for visa consultancy services, then come to Migrate Zone. Get in touch with us today for more information:

Email:- [email protected]

Call Us:- +91 70696 29625, 99749 19009, 9974950032