SOUTH AUSTRALIA UPDATES SKILLS LIST AND OFFERS NEW PATHWAY FOR SMALL BUSINESSES
South Australia Small Business   Feb 10 2021
South Australia has published an updated skills list, including accountants, as its skilled independent visa program re-opens on Monday.
South Australia’s skilled independent visa program (subclass 190 and subclass 491) re-opens from 8 February 2021.
- South Australia has published an updated skills list.
- The updated skills list also includes occupations like Accountant.
- South Australia has also opened a Talent and Innovators program.
SA Immigration’s new updated skills list includes occupations such as accountants too.
In this updated skill list, it is a relief to see occupations like accountants on the new list published by SA. As Visa hopefuls for these occupations had nearly lost hope in the last year.
The attractive pathway opens through the Talent and Innovators program. It is very important for visa hopefuls in these categories to get a job in their own field and work steadily to obtain state nominations successfully. Also, there are Waivers and exemptions available for long-term residents and applicants living and working in outer regional South Australia.
Eligibility for Accountants:
According to Migration SA candidates at present working in their nominated or closely related occupation for the last 24 months in Greater Adelaide or the previous 12 months in outer regional South Australia are fit to apply for the Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 190.
To be eligible for Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 491, the applicants should be at present working in their nominated or closely related occupation for the last 12 months in South Australia.
Eligibility criteria for all the occupations and the occupation list are available on the Migration SA website.
This program is promising as it offers a new pathway to small business owners residing in South Australia for 24 months or over.
The Talent and Innovators program offers the state to nominate applicants under one of the following four streams.
- Employment stream: For highly skilled migrants working for South Australian businesses
- Start-up and small business stream: For business skilled migrants who have started their own business in South Australia
- High performing graduate stream: Graduates having shown high performance, who have completed their professional qualification at a South Australian higher education institution
- Independent talent stream: For high calibre independent applicants seeking state nomination
“All professions qualified for migration through state-nomination are offered through the Talent and Innovators program. Successful applicants would have shown how they bring fresh ideas, skills, and innovation to South Australia and can create local jobs through them,” says Migration SA on its website.
The Talent and Innovators program at present is not available to applicants applying from offshore and other Australian states and territories but “cases may be considered falling under exceptional circumstances,” Migration SA states.