Canada Visitor Visa

Canada Visitor Visa

What is a Visitor Visa?

A visitor visa also referred to as a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) or Canada Tourist visa, is an authorized document issued by a Canadian visa office. This allows foreign nationals to travel to and enter Canada that is placed in your passport to show that you have met the requirements for admission to Canada as a temporary resident.

Read the information we have provided below to study if you require a visitor visa to travel to Canada.

Business Visitor Visa

Most tourists are permitted a six-month stay from the day they arrived in Canada. If the officer allows a stay of fewer than six months, they will specify in your passport the date by which you must leave Canada. If you want to stay longer than your sanctioned stay, you should apply for a postponement at least 30 days before the authorized end of your stay.

Now during the COVID-19 pandemic, the Canadian visa office has changed rules to apply for visitor visas. Now the applicants can continue to apply for visitor visas, known as temporary resident visas (TRVs).

Types of Visitor Visas

  • Visit / Tourism
  • Study
  • Work
  • Temporary Resident

Who Can Apply for a Visitor Visa?

Who Needs a Visitor Visa?

Tourists are the persons who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and are legally authorized to enter Canada to:

  • Visit Canada on holiday (vacation)
  • Visit family
  • Conduct business
  • Visitors are controlled in the length of stay and subject to various conditions.

You must meet some basic requirements to get a visitor visa

  • You must have a valid travel document, like a passport
  • You must be in good health
  • You must have no criminal or immigration-related convictions
  • You must convince an immigration officer that you have ties—such as a job, home, financial assets, or family—that will take you back to your home country
  • You must convince an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit
  • You must have enough money for your stay

  • The amount of money you will need depends on how long you will stay and if you will stay in a hotel, or with friends or relatives.
  • You may also need a medical exam and a letter of invitation from someone who lives in Canada.