Spouse, Partner, Dependent Child

Spouse, Partner, Dependent Child

If you are adequate, you can sponsor your spouse, partner, or dependent children to come to be permanent residents of Canada. If you do, you must be able to: support them economically. Ensure that they don't need social assistance from the government.

Do you have a citizen or permanent resident or work permit visa in Canada wanting to invite your dependents to Canada? To alleviate families living together, the Government of Canada lets entitled residents above the age of 18 sponsor dependent spouses, children, to live with them in Canada. Migrate Zone can help you reunite with your family with our dedicated Canada-dependent visa services.

Dependent Children Visa

The Canada Dependent Visa permits you to bring your dependents to Canada and also allows them to work or study full time once they have the relevant permits. Under the Canada Dependent Visa, you can sponsor the following relations for a dependent visa:

  • Your spouse or common-law partner or conjugal partner.
  • Dependent children under the age of 21.
  • Dependent parents or grandparents.
  • A child you adopted outside Canada while you held Canadian citizenship or PR.
  • Your brother, sister, niece, nephew, uncle, aunt, or other close relatives.

The relatives you sponsor are welcome to reside with you in Canada. Your spouse or conjugal partner is also eligible to apply for a Work Permit to work in Canada.

Child visa to bring dependent children to Canada

Sponsors can bring their children to Canada via the dependant visa:

  • A child adopted outside Canada when the sponsor was a Canadian citizen or permanent resident living in the country.
  • The child that they intend to adopt in Canada.
  • Sponsor’s brother or sister, nephew or niece, grandson or granddaughter if they are an orphan and meet the eligibility criteria.

Eligibility conditions for child visa:

  • The child must be under 22 years who do not have a spouse, or common law or conjugal partner.
  • The dependent child must be the biological child or the adopted child of the sponsor.
  • The child must prove he is dependent on the sponsor/parent for his financial needs.
  • Dependent children who are not able to support themselves due to a physical or mental condition have no age limit for seeking sponsorship.
  • The sponsor must submit proof of his relationship with the dependent children.
  • The children who are being sponsored must undergo a medical examination and also submit proof that they have no criminal cases pending against them.
  • The medical examination must be done by a physician who is approved by the Canadian government.

Eligibility conditions to sponsor a dependent:

  • You must want to sponsor a Dependent Visa for Canada
  • You must submit documents that provide information about his finances for the past 12 months to Immigration, Refugees and, Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
  • This will assist authorities in determining if the sponsor has the financial means to support the members, including his dependent children.