Skilled Independent visa - 189
This visa lets invited workers with skills who need to live and work forever wherever in Australia.
- You don't need a sponsor or nominator
- You must be invited to apply
- You must be under 45 to be invited
This points-based visa is for skilled labourers who are not sponsored by an employer, a state or zone, or a family member.
With this visa, you can live and work everlastingly anywhere in Australia and suitable family members can be involved in your application. This is a permanent visa and permits visa holders to continue in Australia forever with full work rights.
To be able to submit a valid application for this visa you need to first submit an Expression of Interest through Skill Select. You can do this in or outside Australia.
Steps involved in applying for a 189 Visa,
- Apply for your Skills Assessment
- Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI)
- Wait for your invitation to apply for your Skilled Visa
- Apply for your visa