Skilled Nomination Visa – 190
The 190 visa is a points-tested permanent visa for nominated skilled workers who are chosen by an Australian State or Territory government.190 Visa holders can:
- Stay in Australia Permanently
- Work and study in designated area of Australia
- Travel to and from Australia for 5 years upon obtaining this visa
How long you can stay:
This is a permanent visa. It lets you stay in Australia for life. The nominated visa has a travel factor that finishes 5 years after the date of the visa grant.
The embassy grants the visa if you are in Australia.
For nationality purposes, your permanent residency starts on the day:
- The embassy grants the visa if you are in Australia.
- Upon entering Australia on this visa, if you are outside Australia.
You can contain members of the family unit in your submission.
- Include the members of the family when you lodge your visa application.
- Add them after you lodge your application but before an embassy decides on your visa.